p. 50 Ex 2
p. 52 Ex 11 + 15
p. 53 Ex 2 + 7
p. 54 Ex. 1
p. 55 Ex 7 Talk about a city you like
p. 57 Ex 9 and then 10 report it to the other students
Questions for discussion in the classroom:
Where are the best places for:
Where do you like to go on vacation?
Where would you like to go on vacation?
What are some things you must or have to do when you go on vacation to another country?
What are some things that you must not or can’t do on an airplane or in an airport?
Tell your partner about your best travel story.
What are some things you always take with you on a trip?
Do you prefer package tours or making your own trip?
Where did you spend your last vacation?
What did you do?
What are some of the benefits of travelling alone?
What are some of the benefits of travelling with a group?
What is the longest journey you have ever made?
Have you ever been to a foreign country?
Have you ever gotten lost while traveling? If so, tell about it.
Have you ever hitchhiked? If so, how many times?
Have you ever taken a package tour?
How do you spend your time when you are on holiday and the weather is bad?
How many countries have you been to? How many states?
How many times have you traveled abroad?
How much luggage do you usually carry?
If you traveled to South America, what countries would like to visit?
If you went to ___(Insert a country name)__, what kind of souvenirs would you buy?
If you were going on a camping trip for a week, what 10 things would you bring? Explain why.
What are some countries that you would never visit? Why would you not visit them? What are some things that you always take with you on a trip?
What countries would you like to visit? Why?
How important do you think it is to use public transportation?
Do you think that governments should encourage public transportation more?
Do you think city governments should discourage use of privately driven cars within city limits?
Do you have good public transportation where you live?
How could public transportation in your city be improved?
Do you think that we ought to be obligated to drive electrical and solar powered vehicles?
Is the public transportation in your city efficient?
Is public transportation in your city too expensive?
If public transportation were free, would you use it more?
Do you think that your city government maintains the public transportation well? In other words, are the buses and trains kept clean?
Do you feel safe when you use public transportation?
STUDENT A’s QUESTIONS (Do not show to Student B)
1) Do you like travelling?
2) What is travel for you?
3) What different kinds of travelling are there?
4) What’s the best place you’ve ever been to?
5) Would you like to go travelling for a few years non-stop?
6) What are the good and bad things about travelling?
7) Where do you want to travel to before you die?
8) Is it better to travel or to arrive?
9) Lin Yutang said: "No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." Do you agree?
10) Elizabeth Drew said: "Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation." What does this mean? Do you agree?
STUDENT B’s QUESTIONS (Do not show to Student A)
1) What springs to mind when you hear the word ‘travel’?
2) Are you a traveller?
3) Is travel an education?
4) Would you like to travel in space or to the moon?
5) Would you like to work in the travel industry?
6) What are the pros and cons of traveling first class and backpacking?
7) Is travel helping the world?
8) What would make you wiser – travelling around the world for ten years or reading 10,000 books?
9) Mason Cooley said: "Travelers never think that they are the foreigners." Do you agree?
10) St. Augustine said: "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." What does this mean? Do you agree?
Podcasts related to TRAVELLING
Describe places: speaking