p.19 Ex 6
p. 23 Ex 1 + 6
p. 25 Ex 6
p. 27 Ex 5 + 8
· Everyone was far happier before such inventions as the computer and automobile. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
· Science has become the new religion. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
· Have you ever had an idea for an invention? Please explain.
· If you could invent something, what would it be? Please explain.
· Did you study science at school? How did you feel about your science class? How did you feel about your science teacher?
· Do you think science helps or harms humankind? Why do you think so?
· What, if any, scientific advances have had negative results? Why do you think so?
· Some people believe less money should be spent on science and technology and more should be spent on helping third world countries. What do you think?
· How has science improved your life? Think of three examples and explain.
· In your opinion, what has been the single greatest invention during your life thus far? How about in the last 100 years? Why do you think so?
· Some people say that scientists have begun to play God. What do you think this means? What are your thoughts on the subject?
· What interesting news about science and technology have you seen or heard recently?
· Tell your partner about an interesting sci-fi movie you have seen. Why was it interesting? Was it believable? Why?
· Do you believe science is more important than religion to many people? Why/not?
· Do you think there is still a lot to invent? Why/not?
· Do you trust scientists? Why/not?
· What great scientific advances do you imagine happening in the next 10 years? 25 years? 100 years? Please explain.
· What scientific or technological advance would make your life easier? Do you think any of these will be invented soon?
· Which field of science do you find the most interesting? Why?
· What is the most dangerous and deadly invention in the past 100 years? Do you think humankind will invent something worse in the next 100 years? Why/not?