p. 49 Ex. 6
p. 50 Ex. 1, say what you know about them, you don't have to look up a reference book for information.
p. 51 Ex. 1 + 2 + 3 pronunciation
p. 52 Ex. 7 + 9 + 12
p. 53 Ex. 6
p. 56 Ex. 4
p. 57 Ex. 8
p. 58 Ex. 6
interacciones para ser expuestas en clase.
Vocabulario de la unidad (1)
Posh, Poor, and Middleclass Brits: A close-up look at the modern class divide in Britain Britain has certainly become more multi-cultural and diverse, but does its traditional class system still stand? It seems the divide between the rich and the poor is growing ever-more prominent. Whilst well-off Richard Bailey's hobby is sailing gondolas, Adam Bloor is a young homeless man simply trying to build a life for himself. "When you're homeless everybody looks down on you" he shrugs. As the divide between Upper Middle Class and Lower Middle Class, "which borders on being poor", becomes more defined, the gap between rich and poor only seems to be getting bigger.
(puedes usar los subtitulos) ============================================================
1)What springs to mind when you hear the term ‘social issues’?
2)Do you like discussing social issues in your English class?
3)What are the biggest social issues affecting your country today?
4)What are the very newest social issues to arise in your country?
5) Are you directly affected by any social issues?
6) Do you think Hollywood and the music industry are good at focusing attention on social issues?
7) What social issues has the war on terror brought to your country?
8) Is your government good at dealing with and tackling social issues?
9) Which social issues affect the whole world?
10) Do social issues ever affect rich people, or are they simply poor people’s problems? STUDENT B’s
11) What would you like the power to be able to do?
12) What social issues were around in the past but have now gone?
13) What social issues has the Internet created? How is your society dealing with these?
14) Are social issues the same as economic issues and environmental issues?
15) Would you like a job that involves addressing social issues?
16) How are social issues different in America, China, the Arab world, India, etc?
17) What new social issues do you think will arise in the future?
18) Do you believe that one day, all social issues will be gone?
19) What answers do you have to a social issue?
20) What is the best way to study and follow social issues?